Wednesday 4 April 2012

Happy Easter!


I've been a little lazy lately with this blog as I have been working on a novel, which has been taking an inordinate amount of time to do. Mainly because I keep changing my mind on which point of view to use (won't bore you with the details!).

But it's nearly Easter so I thought this fun picture of some hardboiled eggs my daughter and I did for her school competition would give you a laugh. They were surprisingly fun to do, except when we kept glueing our fingers together with craft glue. The MermEgg won runners-up while mine remained at home for our personal admiration. Unfortunately Humpty Dumpty came to a sticky end, true to the nursery rhyme, when our semi-feral cat pushed him off the table and munched away merrily.

I found an old article of mine on Babyworld that I thought I would share with you, all about the trials and tribulations of being artistic at Easter. Read it here and laugh, weep, sympathise. I should say 'Don't try this at home' but the point of it is to do just that so, er, try away.

Happy Easter and enjoy the chocolate!

4 comments:

  1. Love the Easter eggs. Very artistic! Curious about the novel - all sounds very impressive. Let us know when it is "out there"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks very much! The novel has taken a backseat at the moment,as I am working on other initiatives, including a children's book blog: http://childtasticbooks.wordpress.com/ Hope all is well with you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi. I've tagged you in my Liebster blog award post - looking forward to seeing your reply! http://mumdownsouth.blogspot.co.uk/2012/10/getting-to-know-you.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Been a bit of a clot and forgot to add the five questions for you to answer on the link above. Here they are:

    01. Why did you start blogging? What do you get out of it?
    02. What's your parenting style?
    03. What is the best place in the world for you?
    04. What has been your most exciting experience?
    05. What has been your scariest moment as a mum?

    ReplyDelete